Colin's caption for the next photo: "Snappy change-over...only one switch and a croc-clip!" Notice also his high-voltage supply (80 or 120Vdc).
Here is a photo of Dan, WA6PZB's Sputnik and J-36 bug. Very nice indeed!
Nick/WA5BDU's very 50's Sputnik transmitter. More info on his blog.
Yuri/UA3UAD's Sputnik appears in the photo below.
This Sputnik belongs to Alex/RN3AUS.
Here's a close-up of Alex's Sputnik transmitter.
Oleg, RV3GM very kindly sent me a list of contacts made to-date by the ops at QRP-RU.
- RK1NA QSO with G3VTT/Sputnik 449/449
- UA1OKO works "Sputnikers" PA0PJ, DL3JIN, ON6WJ and ON5AG/QRP
- UA1CEG worked ON6WJ/Sputnik 589/599
- UA1CEG - DL4GM/QRP and IT9NMJ
- UA3UAD/Sputnik @ 1W, QSO's with G5RV, G3IOR, ON4ADR, ON5AG, S51NP
- UA0SBQ @ 1w worked HB9AFI and YT3AA
- RN4AO/Sputnik @ 1 W, QSOs with G3IOR, DL3JIN, DL3NRV, ON4ADR, ON5AG
- RN3AUS/Sputnik @ 300mW QSO with DL4HG/qrp
I received a nice message from Victor/UA1CEX
"Working on 21060, power 1watt, I used Elecraft K-1 and G5RV antenna. I did the follow QSOs: ON6WJ, DP7TU, W1PID, G4PPK, PA0ATY, DL1NFF, ON4MB, S53AF, DL4VM, M0BAU, N1EA, DJ8UB, EW8A, LZ2RS, IW5ELA,PA0PJE, UN8PT, RN4AO, G3UAA, UU7JQ, ON3QA,OK1FAO, DJ0GD, DL3PB, DL9MDW, I2MDI, UA4AES, US5EVD, OK1DXK, W3PO, DL1JGV,OK1KL.
Among them, Sputnik stations are: ON6WJ, W1PID, RN4AO, PA0PJE, UU7JQ, DL3PB, US5EVD. It was a great pleasure, to work in Sputnik days."
Here are two photos of G3MFJ's lovely build. My thanks to George, G3RJV for both passing the "valves" to Graham and sharing Graham's photos with me.
My own Sputnik log of stations worked now includes
Date Call His My QTH Notes
7 Oct. ON6WJ 339 239 Belgium Sputnik to Sputnik QSO!
7 Oct. ON6WJ 559 559 Belgium 2nd Sputnik to Sputnik
11 Oct. F6FAI 599 539 France 100w to 43m end-fed wire
11 Oct. EI5JZ 559 339 Ireland
13 Oct. ON6WJ 539 229 Belgium our 3rd Sputnik 2X QSO!