Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 16, 1981


It was as the photograph would have you think. She was beautiful, and her heart even moreso. Not only that, she had been my best friend since we literally were children.


As the years flew by I began to notice that love is not simply a case of admiration taken to an extreme. To love someone with all of your Being is also to make yourself worthy of their love. It's a struggle that for me continues to this day. 


The saving grace is that over time we come to resemble what we most love. I thank my lucky stars that she is by now in the marrow of my bones. Come what may, it will remain so until the end of my days.

So far as I'm concerned I hold the winning ticket to the only lottery that matters in life.

Happy 30th, Victoria.

Ti Amo,
Michael   

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mike and Vic!
    Thanks for the pics.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that's so sweet. Congrats to you both.
    Many more happy years together to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, Brian and Alan,

    Thank you so much guys.

    Best,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Larry! Indeed, we had a wonderful day.

    73/72,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Michael, Congrats for you both. Thank you for the beautiful pictures.
    Time flies, but I know what we did 30 years ago today(28-5). Our daughter is 30 today. Born on ascension day 1981. hi 73, Bert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bert,

    Thank you very kindly and congratulations on your daughter's 30th birthday!

    Best wishes,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete